Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Here The Hughes Staffing Agency has been putting Arkansans to work for more than 30 years. We place people in a wide range of jobs, most of which become careers, but in order to land that job, you have to stand out on your resume. Writing a resume can be hard. Especially if you haven’t written one in a while or if you haven’t written one before. Here are some tips on how to write a resume that will help you stand out above your peers in the job market.
- Update your contact information. Make sure to include a phone number and email address that you can easily be reached at. It’s important to have a professional sounding email address, so try to avoid emails like email@example.com. Instead, use an email that includes your first and last name if you can.
- Include a professional summary. This is an overview of your most important career accomplishments or career goals. Try to keep your summary around 2-4 sentences and include your key skills, key outcomes, and demonstrate how your skills will help the company.
- List our most impressive career accomplishments. These accomplishments are an extension of your professional summary. Make sure these highlights relate directly to the position you are applying for. Be sure and use keywords in this section which can be found in the job posting of the position you are applying for.
- Arrange your work experiences strategically. Each item should be formatted with the company name first, followed by the dates you were employed, then list your job title, followed by the location. If you really want to grab the hiring managers attention, be sure to include a short description outlining your main responsibilities. This should be followed by a list of key accomplishments while in this position. Once again, be sure these items relate to the position you are applying for.
- Use Jobscan. This is a resource that will give you an instant analysis on how your resume matches up to the job you are applying for. It will also help you optimize your resume to help you increase your chances of landing the job.
If you’re tired of where you are in your career, frustrated that you aren’t moving up the ladder, or just unable to find a position that suits your expertise, we can help. We offer skills testing, resume assistance, drug screening, and job placement all at no fee to you. Learn more by setting up an interview with our experts today!